How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe error?
How to fix “ntoskrnl.exe” high CPU usage, blue screen errors
Table of Contents
- Method 1. Update your drivers.
- Method 2. Reset your overclocking settings.
- Method 3. Repair corrupt system files.
- Method 4. Use the CHKDSK command.
- Method 5. Check your computer for malware.
- Method 6. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Method 7.
- One more thing.
What does the ntoskrnl.exe do?
In computing ntoskrnl.exe (short for Windows NT operating system kernel executable), also known as kernel image, provides the kernel and executive layers of the Microsoft Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware abstraction, process and memory management, thus making it a …
What causes ntoskrnl.exe BSOD?
If a driver is corrupt, it can cause the ntoskrnl.exe BSOD error. Updating or reinstalling drivers can fix the issue. However, there are a lot of drivers, and it’s hard to know where to start. If you recently updated a device driver and are getting the error, start with that device first.
Is ntoskrnl.exe necessary?
ntoskrnl.exe is a fundamental part of Windows that needs to exist for the Windows OS to function at all. This important part of Windows provides the kernel and executive layers of the Microsoft Windows NT kernel space.
What is the quickest solution to fixing a corrupted ntoskrnl.exe file?
Run CHKDSK carefully
If the boot or system partition is damaged, the “windows root system32 ntoskrnl.exe” error can be fixed using CHKDSK, which will check the files and data on the disk. Boot from the Windows installation disk and go to the command line as described in the above methods.
How do I fix Windows system32 ntoskrnl.exe on Windows 10?
How to Fix Windows 10 BSOD Caused by Ntoskrnl. Exe
- Update your drivers.
- Run a scan with the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the System File Checker (SFC)/CHKDSK scan.
- Reset overclocking settings for your devices.
- Install Windows updates.
- Perform a system restore.
- Check your hardware.
Can I disable Ntoskrnl?
Locate Superfetch service and double click it to open its properties. When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Disabled. Now click the Stop button to stop the service. Lastly, click Apply and OK to save changes.
How do I do a clean boot on my computer?
Steps to perform Clean boot
- Press thei “Windows + R” key to open a Run box.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- On the General tab, click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load startup items check box.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
- Click Disable all.
- Click the Startup tab.
How do I fix Windows System32 ntoskrnl.exe on Windows 10?
How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe BSOD in Windows 11?
To fix NTOSKRNL.exe BSOD on Windows 11/10, follow these steps:
- Unplug all external devices.
- Remove recently installed hardware.
- Install driver for the new hardware.
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State.
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Run CHKDSK.
- Run DISM.
How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 11?
How do I copy ntoskrnl.exe to system32?
Boot the XP CD and select the first repair option (R) which will take you to the Recovery Console. Now copy the missing/corrupt file from the CD to your hard disk by typing ‘copy D:\i386\ntoskrnl.exe C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe’ (not the quotes but the two spaces) and press Enter.
How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage?
To do this, follow the steps below to start scanning your computer by using Windows Defender:
- Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
- Type Windows Defender, then click it.
- In Home tab, select Full under Scan options.
- Click Scan now to begin the thorough scanning of your computer.
- Wait for the process to finish.
Will clean boot erase my files?
A clean start-up is just a way of starting up your computer with a minimum of programs and drivers to enable you to troubleshoot which program(s) and driver(s) may be causing a problem. It does not delete your personal files such as documents and pictures.
Is it safe to do a clean boot?
Is a Clean Boot safe? Yes, it is safe. When you boot normally, it will launch all the programs that have registered with the startup. During Clean Boot, it filters out those programs and helps users to troubleshoot hardware or software problems.
How do I check my memory diagnostic results?
To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu, type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, and press Enter. You can also press Windows Key+R, type “mdsched.exe” into the Run dialog that appears, and press Enter. You’ll need to reboot your computer to perform the test.
What is stop code system thread exception not handled?
The “SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED” is a common Windows 10 error that occurs mainly due to an outdated or incompatible driver. What makes it trickier to fix than other BSODs is that multiple drivers can cause the issue and sometimes your computer may not detect them all.
What is driver Irql not less or equal?
This error means that something may be wrong with a device driver, your device’s memory, or antivirus software on your device. Here are some things to try: Make sure that your drivers are current by checking for the latest Windows updates.
How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10?
How can I fix Windows 10 ntoskrnl.exe BSOD errors?
- Use a third-party BSoD fixer.
- Update your computer.
- Disable the overclocking settings.
- Update your Realtek audio driver.
- Turn off BlueStacks/ another Android emulator.
- Clean your registry.
- Check your disk for errors.
- Fix bad memory issues.
How do I fix ntoskrnl.exe high memory usage Windows 10?
How To Fix System ntoskrnl.exe Process High CPU/RAM uses in Windows 10?
- Clean your PC using a trusted antivirus.
- Update the faulty and outdated drivers.
- Disable Runtime Broker to fix high CPU and memory usage. Go to Start menu > Settings app and then open System > Notifications & Actions.
What happens after a clean boot?
The result is that updates may fail to install, or Windows may struggle to start up properly, often leading to slowdowns, freezing, BSODs or crashes. Performing a clean boot disables all non-essential services to help you find any underlying software conflicts or issues in your PC.
How do I check if my RAM is faulty?
How to Test RAM With Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Search for “Windows Memory Diagnostic” in your start menu, and run the application.
- Select “Restart now and check for problems.” Windows will automatically restart, run the test and reboot back into Windows.
- Once restarted, wait for the result message.
How do I know if my RAM is broken?
Here are some of the most common faulty RAM symptoms that you might come across.
- Diminishing Performance. One of the most tell-tale signs of RAM failure is diminishing performance over time.
- Random Crashes.
- Video Card Fails to Load.
- Corrupted Data Files.
- Incorrect System RAM Display.
Can RAM cause system thread exception not handled?
What about system thread exception not handled RAM? Sometimes, the system thread exception not handled error is caused by memory corruption. To fix this problem, you should enter Windows or Safe Mode to check the RAM. If the result shows it is fine, you should check whether the memory bank is inserted properly.
How do I boot into Safe Mode from BIOS?
While it’s booting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter.