What was the number 1 song in 1934?
“Let’s Take a Walk Around the Block” w. Ira Gershwin & E. Y.
What was the most popular song in 1935?
Top Songs of 1935
- Can the Circle Be UnbrokenThe Carter Family.
- I Wanna Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart (Alternate Take)Patsy Montana & The Prairie Ramblers.
- Cheek to CheekFred Astaire.
- Please Don’t GoBig Joe Williams.
- El Día Que Me QuierasCarlos Gardel.
- In a Sentimental MoodDuke Ellington.
What was the most popular song in 1933?
Top Popular Recordings 1933
|1||Fred Astaire with Leo Reisman and His Orchestra||“Night and Day”|
|2||George Olsen and His Music (vocal Joe Morrison)||“The Last Roundup”|
|3||Harold Arlen with Leo Reisman Orchestra||“Stormy Weather”|
|4||Ray Noble and his New Mayfair Orchestra (vocal Al Bowlly)||“Love Is the Sweetest Thing”|
What was the biggest hit song in 1932?
Top Popular Recordings
|1||Ted Lewis and His Band||“In a Shanty in Old Shanty Town”|
|2||Leo Reisman and His Orchestra||“Paradise”|
|4||Guy Lombardo and His Royal Canadians||“We Just Couldn’t Say Goodbye”|
What was the most popular music in 1937?
Top Songs of 1937
- One O’Clock JumpCount Basie.
- Hellhound on My TrailRobert Johnson.
- Love in Vain – Take 1Robert Johnson.
- Sing, Sing, SingBenny Goodman.
- Caravan – RemasteredDuke Ellington.
- They Can’t Take That Away from MeGeorge Gershwin, Fred Astaire.
- Good Morning School Girl – 2002 RemasteredSonny Boy Williamson II.
What was the number one song in 1926?
Top Popular Recordings 1926
|1||Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra||“Valencia”|
|2||Vernon Dalhart||“The Prisoner’s Song”|
|3||Jan Garber and His Orchestra||“Baby Face”|
|4||George Olsen and His Music||“Who?”|
What was the number one song in 1937?
Bing Crosby – Remember Me?
What was the number one song in 1936?
Guy Lombardo – When Did You Leave Heaven?
What was the number 1 song in 1931?
Guy Lombardo – You’re Driving Me Crazy (What Did I Do?)
What were the top songs of 1933?
Top Songs of 1933
- Temptation (with Lenny Hayton & His Orchestra)Bing Crosby, Lenny Hayton & His Orchestra.
- Jimmie Rodgers’ Last Blue Yodel (The Woman Make a Fool Out of Me)Jimmie Rodgers.
- Ce petit cheminMireille, Jean Sablon.
- TobyBennie Moten.
- The Yellow Rose Of TexasGene Autry.
- C’est vraiMistinguett.
What was the number one song in 1942?
List of Billboard number-one singles of 1942
|October 24||“(I’ve Got a Gal in) Kalamazoo”||Glenn Miller and His Orchestra with Tex Beneke, Marion Hutton and the Modernaires|
|October 31||“White Christmas”||Bing Crosby with the Ken Darby Singers and John Scott Trotter and His Orchestra|
What was the most popular song in 1936?
Pennies from Heaven
Top popular recordings 1936
|1||Bing Crosby||“Pennies from Heaven”|
|2||Fred Astaire||“The Way You Look To-night”|
|3||Benny Goodman and His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)||“The Glory Of Love”|
|4||Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra||“Alone”|
What was the number one song in 1938?
Top Songs of 1938
- Shortenin’ Bread (1938 Single Version) Song 1 of 10.
- Jumpin’ At The Woodside. Song 2 of 10.
- Two Sleepy People. Song 3 of 10.
- Boogie Woogie. Song 4 of 10.
- Summertime. Song 5 of 10.
- Alexander’s Ragtime Band. Song 6 of 10.
- I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart (Album Version) Song 7 of 10.
- Nice Work If You Can Get It.
What was the number one song in 1927?
Ben Bernie – Ain’t She Sweet?
What was popular music in 1928?
Top Popular Recordings
|1||Al Jolson||“Sonny Boy”|
|2||Jimmie Rodgers||“Blue Yodel No. 1 (T for Texas)”|
|4||Paul Whiteman and His Orchestra||“My Angel”|
Who wrote all of Me by Frank Sinatra?
Seymour SimonsAll of Me / Lyricist
When did Sam Cooke Live?
Samuel Cook (January 22, 1931 – December 11, 1964), known professionally as Sam Cooke, was an American singer and songwriter.
What was the most popular song in 1944?
1944: “Swinging on a Star” — Bing Crosby.
What was the number one song in 1943?
Pistol Packin’ Mama
Note: Yearly song lists go by earliest ‘release date’ (Single, Album, or Country of first release). Not necessarily the year a song peaked in the U.S. charts.
100 Greatest Songs From 1943.
|1||Pistol Packin’ Mama||Al Dexter / Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters|
|2||Don’t Cry, Baby||Erskine Hawkins (Jimmy Mitchelle)|
What was the #1 song in 1941?
1941: “Amapola (Pretty Little Poppy)” — Jimmy Dorsey
It spent nine weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard singles chart.
What were the top songs in 1937?
Number one hit songs (in order)
- “It’s De-Lovely” – Eddy Duchin.
- “Goodnight My Love” – Benny Goodman and Ella Fitzgerald.
- “This Year’s Kisses” – Benny Goodman, Helen Forrest.
- “Marie” – Tommy Dorsey, Jack Leonard, Bunny Berigan.
- “Boo Hoo” – Guy Lombardo.
- “Sweet Leilani” – Bing Crosby.
- “Too Marvelous For Words” – Bing Crosby.
What was the most popular song in 1929?
Top popular recordings 1929
|1||Nick Lucas||“Tip Toe Through the Tulips”|
|2||Rudy Vallee and His Connecticut Yankees||Honey”|
|3||Gene Austin||Carolina Moon”|
|4||Al Jolson||“Little Pal”|
What was the number one song in 1928?
Fred Waring’s Pennsylvanians – Laugh, Clown, Laugh!
Who was the first artist to sing All of Me?
“All of Me,” is arguably the most famous composition by Gerard Marks and Seymour Simon. The songwriting duo composed it in 1931. That year, it was first recorded by actress and singer Ruth Etting, also known as “America’s sweetheart of song.”
Who wrote All of Me John Legend?
John LegendAll of Me / Lyricist