What are big events that happened in 2009?
Nepal – Maoist Protesters
- World “swine flu”, Global pandemic.
- Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th President.
- Michael Jackson dies in strange circumstances.
- Deadliest bushfires in Australian history.
- European Union.
- Ceasefire in the Gaza War.
- Icelandic banking system collapse.
- G-20 summit.
What was popular in the year 2009?
Top 10 Gadgets
- Motorola Droid.
- The Nook.
- Dyson Air Multiplier.
- iPhone 3GS.
- Canon EOS-1D Mark IV.
- Dell Adamo XPS.
- FinePix Real 3D W1.
- Casio G-Shock GW7900B-1.
What major world events happened in 2010?
Popular Culture 2010
- Russia Suicide bombers.
- Haiti magnitude 7 earthquake.
- Chile Earthquake measuring 8.8 magnitude.
- United Arab Emirates Burj Khalifa.
- United States Affordable Care Act passes in Congress.
- United States BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Disaster.
- Afghanistan US increases the number of troops.
- Floods in Pakistan.
What was happening in September 2009?
The floods are Manila’s worst in about 50 years. Earthquake in Samoa and American Samoa Kills 115 (Sept. 29): An underwater 8.0-magnitude earthquake causes a tsunami in Samoa and American Samoa that kills more than 115 people. Earthquake in Indonesia Kills 700 (Sept.
What are some facts about 2009?
2. History Facts From the USA
- On January 20, 2009, Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th U.S. President, and Joe Biden became the 47th Vice President of the United States.
- In October 2009, the national unemployment rate peaked at 10.2%.
- The rate of inflation was -0.36%.
What major happened in 2011?
- May 1 – U.S. President Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden, the founder and leader of the militant group Al-Qaeda, was killed on May 2, 2011 (PKT, UTC+05) during an American military operation in Pakistan.
- May 5 – Supremo Tribunal Federal approves wedding between people of the same gender in Brazil.
What historical events happened in 2008?
- Tibetan monks arrested after the March, 14 unrest.
- Cyclone Nargis killed more than 138,000 in Myanmar.
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake.
- XXIX Summer Olympics in Beijing, China.
- South Ossetia war.
- November terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
- Lehman Brothers went bankrupt following the subprime mortgage crisis.
What happened September 28th 2011?
September 28th, 2011 : The first Boeing 787 Dreamliner arrives in Tokyo, Japan, to commence service with All Nippon Airways. The 787 Dreamliner is believed to be the worlds most fuel-efficient airliner and the world’s first major airliner to use composite materials.
What was happening in January 2010?
On January 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti, killing more than 230,000 and destroying the nation’s infrastructure. On January 27, 2010, Apple Computer unveils the iPad tablet computer.