What is Shoutcast used for?
SHOUTcast is a software application that allows anyone to stream audio over the internet. It is commonly used for creating internet radio stations.
What Shoutcast means?
New Word Suggestion. Creating a commentary over video gaming usually streamed live as the commentator is playing. Involves lots of shouting over gunfire and monsters being killed, hence the name.
Is Shoutcast server free?
Create your own radio now
You can start your own Internet radio station with Free-Shoutcast.com. Share your favorite music live with friends and family. It’s very simple – start will take up to 5 minutes!
How do I listen to Shoutcast streaming?
Open Winamp. Go to the Media Library tab, select Online Services, and choose SHOUTcastRadio. Choose a radio station from the SHOUTcast Radio progressive menus or search for a specific station. To listen to a station, click Tune IN.
How do you set up a Shoutcast server?
with the remark that you must adapt firewall commands to suit your Linux distribution.
- Step 1: Download and Install SHOUTcast Server.
- Step 2: Create a SHOUTcast Configuration File.
- Step 3: Open Firewall Connections.
- Step 4: Manage SHOUTcast Server and Create Daemon script.
How can I make an online radio for free?
How to Start an Internet Radio Station and Start Broadcasting Live in …
Who owns Shoutcast?
Returning from the brink of death, music services Winamp and Shoutcast are now officially with a new owner: Digital audio business Radionomy has acquired the both media player and radio platform from AOL.
When did Shoutcast start?
Created in 1998, Shoutcast’s streaming protocol uses metadata tags and responses that all start with ICY, which stands for “I Can Yell.” Nullsoft was purchased by AOL on June 1, 1999.
How can I stream radio for free?
How to Listen to Radio Stations Online for Free
- iHeartRadio. iHeartRadio is one of the most popular online music platforms in existence.
- TuneIn. TuneIn is another popular option for listening to online radio, but it far exceeds iHeartRadio in what it offers.
- Online Radio Box.
How do you set up a SHOUTcast server?
How do you use a SHOUTcast server?
Winamp + Shoutcast Quickstart – 8 Easy Steps to Streaming
- Step 1 – Install Winamp.
- Step 2 – Install the Shoutcast DSP Plugin.
- Step 3 – Start the Shoutcast DSP Plugin.
- Step 4 – Enter the Shoutcast Server settings.
- Step 5 – Set up the Encoder.
- Step 6 – Set up your Station Details.
- Step 7 – Choose the audio source.
What is the difference between SHOUTcast and Icecast?
Both provide better compression than MP3 without a reduction in audio quality. In the past Shoutcast provided AAC support, but this was discontinued in recent versions. Icecast supports several AAC and Ogg codecs, which means that your listeners have higher quality audio for the same amount of bandwidth.
How do I start a free radio station?
To start, visit www.spreaker.com and sign up for a Spreaker account. When you do that, you can also follow the most popular users. Once you’ve signed up, you need to record a short introduction of yourself, and then just click publish to start your station.
What is the best Internet radio platform?
Best Online Radio Stations
- Worldwide FM. As the name suggests, this station has listeners from all over the globe.
- Pandora Radio. Pandora Radio is a leading podcast and discovery platform in the US, and is also the largest streaming music provider in the US.
- Vintage FM.
- KCRW Eclectic 24.
- Soho Radio.
What is the difference between Icecast and Shoutcast?
How do I connect to a Shoutcast server?
Login to Wavestreaming’s control panel and go to SHOUTcast -> Servername -> Edit Mountpoint Config. At the bottom you will see Relay URL. Paste in your Radio.co stream URL and hit Modify – Your SHOUTcast server should reload and start relaying your Radio.co stream.
How do you use a Shoutcast server?
What is the best free internet radio?
Radio FM. According to many, Radio FM is the best radio app for Android users. App users have access to FM, AM, music shows, live news, weather, sports updates, and podcasts. The navigation between favorites, country lists, and recently played songs is easy and quick.
How can I listen to music for free?
How to choose the best free music app for you
- Spotify. Still top of the game, though there’s plenty of hi-res competition around.
- Amazon Prime Music. The best streaming service you didn’t know you had.
- YouTube Music.
- TuneIn Radio.
- BBC Sounds.
How do I start a SHOUTcast?
You’ll need to download a version that corresponds to your operating system.
- Create a user for running Shoutcast server adduser shoutcast.
- Change to the newly created user’s home directory:
- Create a directory for Shoutcast Server:
- Change to the newly created user’s home directory:
How do radio stations make money?
The listening audience, similar to a TV audience and social media users, are the product being sold to advertisers. This is how radio stations make money; through advertising. Extra income also comes from sponsored content and events (however, this is also a form of a advertising) as well as charging callers.
Can I make my own radio station?
It is illegal to start and broadcast a radio station without a license from the appropriate authorities. Expect to spend around $4,000 for application and licensing fees.
How can I listen to radio for free?
What is the difference between Icecast and SHOUTcast?
Can I listen to radio Free on my phone?
As long as you have a smartphone, you can download FM radio apps to access thousands of live and local radio stations from your phone. One of the most popular is called iHeartRadio. It’s completely free to download¹ and listen and offers thousands of live FM and AM radio stations that you can tune into at any time.